Step-by-Step Planning Guide
For Parents & Organisers
Organising a dry grad for one or two hundred students can be challenging.We’re here to help.
Kumsheen’s experienced office staff have worked with more than 65 schools and we want to develop the best grad event possible for everyone at your school.
Contact our office at 1-800-663-6667 or firstname.lastname@example.org whenever you have any questions. We’d be happy to send a Kumsheen representative to your school to help out and answer any questions that the group might have.
- Review the resort sections of our website to see the amenities we offer, from a swimming pool and full-service restaurant to a disc golf course and massage room.
- Check out our online photo and video galleries to get a better idea of what rafting is like.
- Review “Safety and Experience” on page 14 to facilitate answering questions about our safety and rafting qualifications.
- Review the differences between paddle and power rafting. We generally recommend our big, stable power rafts for dry grad groups, but some groups prefer to paddle raft.
- Decide on the best package option that would work for your group. Narrow your choice to one of the six packages.
- Add additional features to enhance and customise your rafting package.
- Choose a preferred date and an alternate date in May, June or September.
- Confirm availability by contacting us at 1-800-663-6667 or email@example.com with your preferred dates and approximate number of students.
- At your next meeting, pass out brochures, show our promotional DVD, and distribute a photocopy of our information package to each member. Don’t forget to include the parents in the planning process; the more informed they are, the more supportive they’ll be.
- Let the students vote on the options available to them. Contact us immediately with the result of the vote to confirm or withdraw your reservation.
- Send us a $10 per student deposit by January 30. Classes requesting the same date will be wait-listed in chronological order; if we do not receive your deposit, your class will be moved to the bottom of the list on January 30 and removed on February 15. Deposits are fully refundable up to 30 days before your rafting date.
- We strongly recommend that everyone purchase Trip Cancellation Protection. Make a list of the students who would like to purchase it, and send a copy to our office.
- Send the final payment as soon as possible. The full payment is required 30 days prior to your rafting date; that is also the last day to reduce the number of participants. There are no cancellations, refunds or rain-checks within the 30-day cancellation period.
- With the final payment, inform our office of your meal selection and the number of vegetarians in your group.
- Provide information about the rafting package to the parents and students. Ensure that everyone is directed to the Dry Grad section of our website and receives a printed copy of the What to Wear checklist.
- Everyone, including students, parents and chaperones, must sign a Participation Agreement. These should be mailed to us at least a month before your rafting date. Download the Participation Agreement, photocopy it, and ensure that each participant fills one out completely with blue or black ink. Anyone under 18 needs a parent or guardian’s signature as well as their own.
- Have students also sign the Student Agreement, and chaperones sign the Chaperone Agreement.
- Contact us with any questions you have toll-free at 1-800-663-6667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Dry Grad